2017 m. gegužės 19 d., penktadienis

Press-release. Breach of justice in Lithuania, EU




  
Press-release

To journalists and the media                                            Vilnius city, Lithuania, EU, 04.01.2016


On the 4th of January 2016 the citizen of Lithuanian Republic Mr. Zigmantas Segzda has applied to the Embassy of Sweden in Vilnius, Lithuania, to seek political asylum.  Mr. Z. Segzda is afraid to be deprived of his liberty again or suffer excessive liberty restricting measures applied by the public authorities of Lithuanian Republic.

The main arguments are that I hold other opinion, criticize the state, publish articles, express my views through communication on the internet and the YouTube. For more information on a specific Human rights issue in Lithuania see the research report - Pre-trial detention: police, prosecutors' and investigating judges' perspective:

On 04.05.2014 my ex-partner Ms. Sigita Jurgeleviciene, the mother of my daughter, made an unjustified complaint against me. That time she worked in a position of the head of the Public Procurement Office to the Government of Lithuania. The prosecutor Ms.Vida Braceviciene started a pre-trial criminal investigation. Ms. Sigita Jurgeleviciene hired the lawyer Mr.Valdemaras Buzinskas, the former officer of KGB, Soviet Union. Last year she hired the most expensive law firm Motieka & Audzevicius that also represents interests of Russian Federation.

Up till now the prosecutor has no evidence in order to charge me with criminal offence and bring me promptly before a judge to exercise judicial power. Thus, legal authorities ordered numerous coercive restrictions, presumably, to exert pressure on me in order to speed up my “cooperation” and confession. I have nothing to confess, so, I consider, they decided to break me psychologically and punish me without giving me a sentence. By using the most severe measures employed to achieve goals not provided for in the Code of Criminal Procedure. By using of liberty restricting measures, that is the most serious deliberate abuse. To arouse in me feelings of fear, anguish and inferiority capable of humiliating and debasing me. To contribute to my stigmatization and social exclusion.

In my opinion, by doing this the public authority prevents me and my family members from the enjoyment of the following rights and freedoms set in the European Convention on Human Rights:

- Protocol 1, Article 1. Protection of Property. I have no right to enjoy my property peacefully. On 15.01.2015 by the prosecutor’s order I must live in exile 100 km away from my private house.

- Article 5. Right of Liberty. I consider, that my 50 days’ pre-trial detention in prison was ordered unjustifiably by 3 investigating judges. Since 04-05-2014 I am deprived of liberty of free movement by ordered restrictive measure. As just another form of deliberate abuse of detention, the subsequent illegal 3 months-term involuntary hospitalization was requested.

- Article 6. Right to a Fair and Public Hearing. The pre-trial investigation lasts 17 months or more and a trial is not held within a reasonable time. I do not feel presumed innocent until I am proven guilty.
- Article 8. Right of Privacy. I believe, that by ordering me to stop living in my home and stop working in the office of my company, by ordering to stay at a certain place of residence, by making restrictions to visit my 3-years old daughter, public authorities do not respect my private life, my family and my home. Living far away from my home I have limited right to choose my lifestyle, no right to develop friendships and business relationships. I have no right to enjoy my existing home peacefully.

- Article 10. Freedom of Expression. Being free to criticize the state without fear of prosecution – this is an important feature of a democratic society. This includes the rights to hold your own opinions and to express them freely without government interference. Today I am suspected of a criminal offence for actions that are not a crime. They claim that by criticizing public authorities and publishing articles on the internet I might had insulted the police officers and judges. To silence me, in April 2015, nine judges of the District Court of Vilnius Region lodged a complaint to a prosecutor against me. The prosecutor started criminal investigation under the Penal Code, Article: Disrespect to a Law Court. Yet, formally I am not notified of any suspicion against me of having committed the offence.

On 03.12.2014 the prosecutor Ms. V.Braceviciene requested 3 months-term pre-trial detention. The judges granted 50 days-term detention. The same day I was sent to prison. On 22.01.2015 the prosecutor released me out of prison. Then she ordered a new restrictive measure – deprived of my freedom of movement out of my country. On 11.08.2015 ago the same prosecutor ordered one more restrictive measure – confiscation of my documents: ID card, passport and driver’s license. I challenged unfounded decisions of public authorities by submitting more than 160 complaints including appeals to the higher court, the Council of Judges, the General Prosecutor, Prime Minister and the President of Lithuanian Republic. On 22.06.2015 and 22.07.2015 the prosecutor Ms. V.Braceviciene requested the District Court of Vilnius Region to order Zigmantas’ Segzda’s psychiatric examination with his subsequent 3 months-term involuntary hospitalization.

On 29.07.2015 the judge Ms.Vaida Sinkeviciene rejected the prosecutor’s reguests as unfounded.

On 05.08.2015 TWO complaints to Vilnius County Court were made: one - by my ex partner’s Law firm Motieka & Audzevicius, and another - by the prosecutor Ms. V.Braceviciene. Both, my ex partner Ms. Sigita Jurgeleviciene and the prosecutor, requested to use the exceptional liberty restricting measure. On 01.10.2015 the judge of Vilnius County Court (Lithuanian Republic) Mr. Gintaras Dzedulionis decided not to order Mr. Zigmantas’ Segzda’s psychiatric examination with his subsequent 3 months-term involuntary hospitalization to the National Service of Forensic Psychiatry in Lithuania. It should be noted, that Mr. Zigmantas Segzda is of sound mind and he has never been mentally ill.

I am receiving threatening phone calls from the District Police department of Vilnius Region (Chief – Mr. Arvydas Sinis) on a regular basis, which means that they are ready to start more pre-trial investigations to charge me with criminal offences.  I understand that the violation of human rights by public authorities of Lithuania turned to a never ending process.

Today I face a great challenge. I think I face the public authority that is malfunctioning. One and a half  year ago I could not afford to hire a lawyer to protect my rights. I started to study the discipline of law and now I am a better fighter. In my country I could not find any courageous journalists who would take the risk writing articles and discussing the human rights’ issues. I became both - a journalist and the media. I will not stop writing articles - doing what I must do. I experienced, that publicity is the best weapon in society which is corrupt.

I understand that the lonely fighter, like me, may not make a difference. But my struggle is also the struggle for the fundamental human rights and freedoms that individuals not only in my country, but also in your country would have access to.

I am addressing to journalists and the media of Sweden and ask you to write and publish some articles, stories or announcements - tell your people what is happening in the heart of EU – Lithuania. I am ready to cooperate with the media of Sweden, as well as the media of any other EU country, and give you all necessary information. I have evidentiary material - many legal documents that witness violation of human rights in Lithuania. Some of them are published on my Facebook and Youtube. I am ready to comment on and disclose my personal issues.

Together we are strong!

Sincerely

Mr. Zigmantas Segzda

Phone +370 698 73822, Address: Vilnius City, Lithuania

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą